High-level topics include:
- Aesthetic values beyond “stylized” shading of triangle meshes
- Values and issues with regards to 4K+ resolutions
- The value of animation richness (time vs space fidelity)
- Why does one really dream of real-time ray tracing?
- What's to be learned from the variety of Shadertoy / glslsandbox entries?
- When "destructible geometry" becomes content creation
- Does "modding" need to be hard to be rewarding?
- Near-zero iteration time for all things.
- Value of live coding and creative flow for all content.
- Content creation in VR with the absence of traditional 2D UI based tools
- Going beyond rigid body dynamics
- I want atoms instead of complex objects with transforms!
- When simulation and rendering come closer together.
- New techniques for animation.
- Exploring in-world mechanical crafting / engineering
- The values of randomness.
- Real vs. virtual nature. Do we enjoy hiking in a triangle soup?
- Potential shortcomings of artist-made nature scenes.
- The value of scale, relative scale and infinite worlds.
- Procedural recombination and placement of user made objects.
- Emergent intelligence. Richer interactions with synthetic agents.
- Synthesized sound effects instead of playing back pre-recorded.
- Scalable content creation through easier collaboration
- Promoting higher levels of expressiveness in games / VR.
- Educational values of shared content creation / programming.
- Furthering networking for shared realities.